Monday, February 20, 2012

Can you help?

Once again I am passing round the begging bowl in order to ask for your help, whoever you may be. I have run up against the limitations of the photographic equipment I have and while my Olympus E-450 is just fine for daytime shots, it's ability to take pictures at night or in low light situation is severely limited, meaning I either use flash (never a safe move in any tense situations) or put my camera down.

Now I have the chance to buy a used Canon ESO 40D from a friend for 300E, but that's more than I can get together in at the moment, for reasons that are obvious for anyone following the economic crisis in Greece.

To tell you the truth I feel terrible about asking for help again as I've done so in the past and was overwhelmed by people's generosity. Also when I look around the city and see the real want on display, spending money on something as frivolous as a camera seems somehow wrong. But yet I am asking for your assistance.

If you feel you can help please visit my Paypal account. using cpwefl2003@hotmail.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have a very good camera already. I can't understand why you can't get good nighttime action shots without using the flash. It should not be necessary. You should be able to change the ISO on the camera or set it to night time light measurements so you get good pictures even in low light situations. I take pictures in very low light and they are publishable quality..particularly for the small format required for most online work. Experiment with the settings on manual when you are not in a stressful situation so you are not under any pressure.I would have thought ambient light in a protest/riot situation would have been good enough for most shots without flash ever being used.You may lose a few shots but that would not matter with a digital camera they can always be deleted. Experiment. The new camera may not give any better results than the one you have now...but experimenting with manual settings and light readings would.