Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Police obstruction

I guess I should have known this would happen. I just talked to my lawyer and it seems he is being given the run around by the police. They refuse to release information about the police officers who beat me on Saturday 8th September. Indeed, they wouldn't even let him enter the Astynomiko Megaro (Police hall) in order to ask. The only thing they gave him was a typed report (full of errors) which says that I was detained for acting suspiciously. Since the only thing I was doing was taking photographs during a peaceful demo I would love to hear what they consider "suspicious". Click here for the full story.

3 comments:

itelli said...

Did u have a word with the embassy/consulate?

teacher dude said...

Yes, but that is a waste of time all they said they would do is pass on my complaint to the Ministry of Public Order.

Anonymous said...

Don't let it get you down, if it takes 100,000 complaints until the right time when it finally gets through to them, you will have an equal part of that victory even if yours didn't happen to be the one at the right time to see it happen. Rosa Parks was not the first black woman to sit at the front of a bus...

TEFLtastic blog- "All the truth that's fit to teach"- www.tefl.net/alexcase