Sunday, June 24, 2007

An Inconvenient Truth


After all this time I managed to see An Inconvenient Truth and I just got to say that it has been a long time since a movie has touched me so deeply, let alone a documentary. Rather then preach about the evils of global warming myself, I'd just recommend you see Al Gore's film yourself and make up your own mind.

As I sit in 40c heat, rare even for Greece in June after the warmest winter I have ever experienced here I, personally just can't deny the evidence any more.




For ideas about how to use the film in class - click here.

To find out more about this issue go to www.climatecrisis.net

5 comments:

melusina said...

Isn't it an eye opening movie? Did it ever even open in theatres here in Thessaloniki, because I looked for it and never saw it listed? We eventually found it for rent, thank goodness.

There is another documentary which I heard is coming out this year (or maybe it already came out) that is done by different people and covers the crisis a little differently, supposedly takes it all to the next level from An Inconvenient Truth. And I can't for the life of me remember what it is called.

I really don't like the possible outcome for Greece.

teacher dude said...

Actually, I just missed it when it played in the local imax in Thermi. I just got there, to take some pics.

Sean said...

I enjoyed it and it's on a list of three movies that students get to choose from for the second last day of class.

Not all fun and games, there will be activities and discussion based on the film. Thanks for the links as I'll probably use that should they choose this film. Anyhow I'll find out tomorrow.

teacher dude said...

Please, tell me what worked out from the education site I linked to. I only had time to briefly glance at the material.

Sean said...

The first page you linked to has three pdfs, but all three are corrupted. guess I'll end up making my resources myself.