Thursday, September 14, 2006

"One may smile and smile and be a villain" - Hamlet


I few days ago I wrote about (see here) the politicians who turned up at my daughter's school in order to welcome students on the first day of the school year. I could barely hide my loathing of these self-serving blowhards. Now it seems that my instincts were right as one of those present, Panangitis Psomiadis (the guy in the photo on the far right - where else - with the red tie) is concerned.It seems that the head of the municipality of Thessaloniki has been implicated in a massive bribery scandal now rocking Greece (see here for the story in English).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I never liked that guy's smugness either. Thanks for the blog.

teacher dude said...

The funny thing is that he was hiding from the media yesterday, this coming from a guy so publicity hungry that he makes Madonna seems like a recluse.

He has always reminded me of some high - flying mafia lawyer. All flash moves and no moral scruples.