Friday, March 10, 2006

exploding heads


Do you remember the movie Mars Attacks by Tim Burton ? In it the only thing that stops our little green friends from taking over the planet is a Hank Williams song which causes the martians' heads to explode. Well, I'm starting to feel like a martian in our computer classes. I tell you, I think our instructor is paid by the word rather than the hour since she has kept her machine gun style of delivery for over an hour and doesn't look like running out of ammunition any time soon.

It's not that I don't understand the language, the problem is that it's like listening to somebody reading out a text book. Judging by the looks of bewilderment on the faces of the people around me (who are mostly Greeks) I'm not alone .

More good news. We have found out that they're extending the course by another week. Why this is suddenly necessary has not been explained. Maybe I need to slaughter a chicken and examine the entrails. Perhaps if we sacrifice an ox, the overall plan will become clear. This seems to be the only way us mere mortals are going to find out what is in store for us.

Check out KEK Platon (ΚΕΚ Πλατων) for yourself.

No comments: